This is a rare, stunning family legacy version of the King James Version. The design for the Bible is based on one of the masterpieces of art and bookmaking of the 15th Century, the faithfully crafted bible of the Duke of Urbino. This limited edition version is still in a class by itself today. It contains the entire major illustrations in the Urbino Bible and features many other artistic details such as decorative borders, column dividers, and illuminated and historiated initial capitals, in addition to other illustrations from over 30 bibles from the same period. Lavishly embellished and magnificently appointed with antiqued solid brass decor, freshwater pearls, and over 185 carats of hand faceted garnets.
Museum quality illustrations and page work. Authentic in every detail.
A painstaking reproduction of matchless precision. An astonishing masterpiece combining art with faith.
• A Limited Edition Bible. Special order may take up to 6 Weeks.
• Burgundy leather grained
• Measures 11¼" x 9" x 2½"
• Hand gold-gilded front and gold-gilded page edges
• More than 850 full-color illustrations
• Heirloom quality archival paper
• Beautiful and unusual presentation pages
• 12 extraordinary family records pages including a family tree (shown left)
• Red-letter Edition (Words of Christ in red)
• Ribbon marker• Contains the Old and New testaments